GIBRALTAR SCALE MODEL SOCIETY
The Society will be called Gibraltar Scale Model Society and will be affiliated AND registered to:
- Armor Modeling and Preservation Society (AMPS)
- The Miniature Armoured Fighting Vehicle Association (MAFVA)
Society is now national body charter of International Plastic Model Society (UK). We are also known as IPMS Gibraltar
The aims and objectives of the Society will be:
- To offer support opportunities to the Society members
- To promote the club within the local community and the international campus
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone
- To ensure all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment.
- Membership should consist of officers and members of the Society.
- All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining
the Society will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of practice
that the Society has adopted.
- All Members can enter into the Annual Competition for free and enter up to 10 exhibits for free.
- Definition of Member Type:
- Junior Member – Under 18 years of age
- Senior Member – 18 years of age and older
- Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Committee or determined at the Annual General Meeting.
- Membership fees:
- Senior Member: £30
- Junior Member: £15
The officers of the Society will be:
- Vice President.
- Vice Secretary.
- Vice Treasurer.
- Any other relevant position.
Officers will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
All officers will retire each year but will be eligible for re-appointment.
The Society will be managed through the Management Committee consisting of:
- President, Vice President, Secretary, Vice Secretary, Treasurer and Vice Treasurer.
- Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Management Committee.
- The Management Committee meetings will be convened by the Secretary of the club and held no less than 10 times per year.
- The quorum required for business to be agreed at Management Committee meetings will be: 5
- The Management Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of practice and rules that affect the organisation of the Society.
- The Management Committee will have powers to appoint subcommittees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Management Committee as necessary to fulfil its business.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the Society rules/regulations/constitution.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
- All Society monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the Society.
- The Society Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club.
- The financial year of the club will end on: 10th January.
- An audited statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting and a copy sent to the President.
- Any cheques drawn/monies drawn against club funds should hold the signatures of the Treasurer plus one other officer.
The Gibraltar Scale Model Society Clubhouse is:
(b) Opening Hours
The official SUMMER opening hours will be:
Monday 17:00 – 20:00
Wednesday 17:00 – 20:00
Friday 17:00 – 20:00
Saturday 10:00 – 13:00
(c) Clubhouse Rules
1. Keep the Workstation as clean as when you first used it.
2. All materials must be collected at end of session.
3. WIP models can be kept at the Club but not on the Worktop – it should be kept on the shelves above the worktops.
4. Smoking is illegal on the premises.
5. Respect all members in the Club.
6. When social distancing cannot be kept because of numbers, masks must be worn (During Pandemic).
7. Non-Members will be allowed into Club for one week . After which they need to become a Club Member
Notice of Annual General Meetings (AGM) will be given by the Club
Secretary. Not less than 21 days’ notice to be given to all members.
- Any Member can add an item to Discuss, Proposal to Constitution Edit, Delete or Add to the AGM Agenda must be sent to the Secretary a week or more prior to the AGM.
- Nominations for officers of the Management Committee will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
- AGM will always be held in August.
- Fees will be paid annually – renewed at the AGM.
- Renewals at the AGM the next year if membership starts in the present year.
- The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and a statement of the audited accounts.
- · The Officers of the Society will resign previous to the elections of the board for next year
- Elections of officers are to take place at the end of the AGM.
- All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
- The quorum for AGMs will be NUMBER [USUALLY 25% OF THE MEMBERSHIP].
The Management Committee has the right to call Emergency General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
- All complaints regarding the behaviour or code of conduct of members should be presented and submitted in writing to the Secretary.
- The Management Committee will meet to hear complaints within 7 days of a complaint being lodged.
- The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
- The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 2 days of the hearing.
- There will be the right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced.
- The committee should consider the appeal within 7 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
A resolution to dissolve the Society can only be passed at an AGM or EGM
through a majority vote of the membership.
In the event of dissolution, any assets of the club that remain will become the property of the International Plastic Model Society (UK)
The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM or a Board Member Meeting.
GIBRALTAR SCALE MODEL SOCIETY hereby adopts and accepts this constitution as a current operating guide regulating the actions of members.